I’ve long been promising myself to make a raw cheesecake and yesterday was the day! Using a simple recipe from The Rawtarian I made a gorgeous cheesecake to rival any dairy offering I’ve ever had. I absolutely LOVE making raw desserts because they look and taste amazing and they are far healthier than their dairy laden counterparts. As with most things raw other than soaking nuts, the process is quick and easy and the rewards are great!
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (or a combination of walnuts and macadamia nuts)
1/2 cup dates 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
1 pinch sea salt
White cheesecake filling ingredients:
3 cups cashews (I soaked mine in cold filtered water over night)
3/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup agave or honey
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
Up to a 1/4 cup of water, if necessary to facilitate blending
Fruit topping ingredients:
2 cups frozen strawberries
1/2 cup dates
1. Throw the macadamia nuts and dates into your food processor. (Don’t add the coconut!!) Process nuts and dates until well processed but still airy.
2. Next, get our your cheesecake pan and sprinkle the coconut on the bottom as your very first layer. The point of doing this is to make it so it’s easier to remove the cheesecake and the coconut stops the crust from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then press the macadamia nuts and dates down into the pan to form the crust.
3. Throw all creamcheese icing ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend! Add as little water as necessary to facilitate blending. (Try to add as little water as possible.)
4. Place the above in freezer for an hour or so (so that it will firm up).
5. Meanwhile, throw your strawberries and dates in your high-speed blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Pour this mixture on top of the crust/creamcheese, which was just in the freezer for about an hour. Replace the raw cheesecake recipe back in freezer. Freeze until this raw cheesecake recipe reaches the desired consistency!
6. Defrost this raw cheesecake recipe for about one hour before eating (or just slice from freezer and enjoy this delicious raw cheesecake)!